Star Trek Video Contest: The Winners

Thank You!
Thank you guys again for taking part in this contest! I was so happy with the number of people that submitted a video, and I'm not lying when I say I enjoyed watching every single one. I do hope to see more in the future! It really was tough to judge, though...Jen (FateLovesTomorrow) and I were having trouble choosing between some of them, but we managed to make the "logical" choice, as Spock would say!! (click to watch the results video)

What changed:
We decided to do a top five as well as the first, second, & third place winners. The other two have recieved an honorable mention, and have been named "Most___" because we love them so much.



ChildeAtHeart17 managed to completely blow away two Trekkies who weren't fans of this love Triangle...until we saw this video. Hot Mess, a Kirk/Spock/Bones (2009) triangle hit the #1 spot on our list! The editing in this video was spot on, the song was just plain sexy, and well, what else can we say? We're speechless!
  • Shared w/friends
  • Feature on K/S Facebook page
  • Feature on blog
  • Feature on channel (for 3 weeks)
  • Video made by me dedicated to you



Spock/Zarabeth - Crushed by DoubleTreble1518 won second place in our contest.
Jen and I love the fact that this is such a rare pairing, video wise, and despite never being done the video was amazing. The "love letter" concept worked great, and we loved the emotion behind the video. The screenshots added a nice effect and the matching with the music was excellent!
  • Video shared w/friends
  • Feature on K/S Facebook page
  • Feature on my blog
  • Feature on my channel (for 3 weeks)



This video proves that you don't need fancy video-editing software to have an amazing video; DowneyAdmirer managed to use Windows Movie Maker to make Kirk/Spock - My Immortal, and it placed third in our contest. We loved the integration of TOS clips for the flashbacks, the syncing of the song, the way she put the scene of the Enterprise exploding with the "explosion" of guitars in the song, and the fact that she nailed the emotion of My Immortal and Kirk's grief with the death of Spock.

  • Video shared w/friends
  • Feature on K/S Facebook page
  • Feature on my blog


The Top 20 (in no particular order):
1. Tijuana Trek
2. Spock/Zarabeth -Crushed
3. Spock's Poker Face *500 Subs*
4. Kirk and Spock's Guy Love
5. Spock & Uhura - "Halo"
6. Hot Mess [Bones/Kirk/Spock] [Star Trek 2009]
7. Spock and Kirk - Aristotle and Averroes
8. Candyman (Spock)
9. Kirk/Spock Tribute (2009) - Reach Out
10. Kirk/Spock - The Search For Spock - My Immortal
11. Bones: I am a doctor not a... Star Trek TOS
12. Spock/Kirk || Supermassive Blackhole
13. You and Me(Kirk/Spock)
14. Spock/McCoy- I Just Want You to Know Who I Am
15. New Spock = Mannequin
16. Adventurers/Explorer
17. Love You Much Better - Kirk/Spock
18. Star Trek Comes and Goes A Kirk and Spock Video
19. Spock/Chapel - Gravity of Love
20. Kirk/Spock/Uhura [Misery Business]

No comments: